PDA

View Full Version : Rob Campbell - Project T

oldrodder
02-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Add any pics, stories, details and comments that you can remember.
If the car had a name and it's not in the title let us know.

Noddy
02-08-2011, 08:12 PM
The ONE car that did more for Hot Rodding in NZ than any other vehcile - with out a doubt!

Hot Rod Todd
02-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Yep, the HRM project car that got a lot of young fullas thinking they actually could build a hot rod. And we are still here, but just a bit greyer & a bit rounder in most cases.

Car is now in New Plymouth & owned by Brendan & Amber Riddick.

Admin
02-09-2011, 06:43 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u277/nzhotrod/NZHRM%20Sub%20Album/ProjectT.jpg

crockett
02-19-2011, 01:56 AM
heres how it looked when i got it from craig in whangarie, he's still got the old front and all the spares,blower pulys etc. he kept them when he sold it to me. the body was really high and it was mucked around with, i looked a lot better when i put it back to how rob had it, i traded it for a 59 galaxie

crockett
02-19-2011, 02:23 AM
heres how it looked when i sold it to al bishop, i had shitloads of fun in it, took it to heaps of rod runs, went to the nsra rod run to waiheke one year, took uncle ray the presedent of the dirt track club for a ride, he was white as a sheet and couldnt talk till he'd had a burbon or two, even then all he said was he'd never go in a car with me ever again. did the same thing to the camera man for goober bro's lets get inventin tv show, we were down at meremere fliming trailers using the buckett for there show, i did all the lauches and burn outs and stuff they wanted, then luke told the camera guy to get in and film from the passenger seat, they told me to take it easy, the bloke gets in and he said to me, this is a really expensive camera, i replied, you better hang on to it then aye, and i gunned her, she took off pretty hard, and at about half track when it shifted into third it lit up and started headin for the gaurd rail, i backed off then gunned it again, when i got back to the start line they looked at the footage and the director wanted to shoot it again,but the camera guy wouldnt get back in, i had a good laugh :D . i nearly got it to the beach hops t party one year, i was all loaded up and half way there, noddy had given me a free pass cause i was redundant and really broke at the time,(nods is a bloody good bloke) i got to kopu and had to turn around, mum had a heart attac so i went back to auckland, i was bummed i missed the hop, but happy mum pulled thu. al bishop was pretty hard on the t , he crashed her a couple of times, the last time was leavin the riverhead pub, he slid it over a traffic island and ripped all the steering out, i got a call a couple of weeks later and when up there and he was choppin it up with a 9" angle grinder, i told him he better put it back together and sell it,he got real shitty,and it took him a while to realise that he was really the caretaker of project t, but he put it back and sold it so it all worked out,sadly al passed away last year, he was a passonate rodder, i had a ball with project t thats for sure , its good to see the present owner using her. good one i say :D :D :D

crockett
02-19-2011, 03:03 AM
heres a couple more, i got a heap of good pics of the t

oldrodder
02-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Cool pics of a cool car - it should be in a New Zealand Hot Rod Museum :)

LIFESTYLZ
02-19-2011, 11:24 AM
One on the best for sure.
Nice to actually hear stories from the owners as well.
This Forum is rocking now .. :)

crockett
02-19-2011, 03:07 PM
One on the best for sure.
Nice to actually hear stories from the owners as well.
This Forum is rocking now .. :)
if you see me at a swap meet, come have a beer and ask me about the time me, craig, two strippers and a drum of race fuel were in the t and got pulled over by the fuzz round the waterfront...... :D :D :D

gudgyz
02-19-2011, 05:26 PM
if you see me at a swap meet, come have a beer and ask me about the time me, craig, two strippers and a drum of race fuel were in the t and got pulled over by the fuzz round the waterfront...... :D :D :D
Had a similar experience at Mt Maunganui one new years eve, you CAN fit two blokes and two "ladies" in a T :eek: . With careful stacking ;) and a roll bar to hang onto you can even drive home with them! :D :D