PDA

View Full Version : Joe Pirotta

Admin
02-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Technically not one of ours....but certainly was part of our T heritage and history....It was an Aussie show bucket which visited and displayed at Autorama....was a Weetbix card car too!!!

C Cab
02-09-2011, 08:51 PM
what one was this Admin was this the one with murals down the side ford 272 & brown tufted vinyl????

SimonSez
02-10-2011, 07:58 AM
This is the Pirotta T (pictures borrowed from OzRodders board).

Admin
02-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Yes, but that's not a 272...its a nailnead ...same motor its always had....good shots, thanks for sharing

SimonSez
02-10-2011, 08:45 AM
what one was this Admin was this the one with murals down the side ford 272 & brown tufted vinyl????

Do you mean the one that Steve Levine had for a while in the late eighties that had a mural of silhouettes of trees down the side?

I think that was featured in the same magazine that had Chris Litherland's T on the cover and 4 272 buckets inside (May 77 according to the Chris Litherland thread). Original builder could have been Warren Anderson?

prognini
02-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Do you mean the one that Steve Levine had for a while in the late eighties that had a mural of silhouettes of trees down the side?

I think that was featured in the same magazine that had Chris Litherland's T on the cover and 4 272 buckets inside (May 77 according to the Chris Litherland thread). Original builder could have been Warren Anderson?

Warren Stone..[?] Tall Timbers club,maybe...Was just thinking about that one last night..

SimonSez
02-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Yep, that sounds right.

Warren Stone..[?] Tall Timbers club,maybe...Was just thinking about that one last night..

oldrodder
02-10-2011, 12:29 PM
This is the Pirotta T (pictures borrowed from OzRodders board).

WOW that's a really cool looking bucket.
Love the dash, the motor is SUPER COOL
Love the weedies and the fat front tyres look great too.
The wheel tyre combination is spot on and oodles of chrome :cool:
Would like to have seen the whole car painted the one same colour as the dash.

I would love to own that.

Showed the missus and she loves it too :D

I reckon that would look good even with the right front fenders and maybe even some back ones like Furnies car when it was brown like the pic in his thread.

ForEverFour
02-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Its a 28/29 Model A right?

oldrodder
02-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Its a 28/29 Model A right?

It is too :o

The grille fooled me and I didn't even look closely at the cowl.

It shouldn't be in this section but it looks so cool.

Maybe I should move it.

oldrodder
02-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Anyone got more specs on this one?

Tyre wheel size, gearbox, chassis, front and rear end, dash etc... Anything

SimonSez
02-10-2011, 02:39 PM
All that info here ...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477635

Anyone got more specs on this one?

Tyre wheel size, gearbox, chassis, front and rear end, dash etc... Anything

oldrodder
02-10-2011, 02:43 PM
All that info here ...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477635

Fantastic - thanks for finding that.

C Cab
02-10-2011, 05:32 PM

that might be the one anyonw know what happened to it

willy pelzers
02-10-2011, 08:41 PM

yep Warren Stone and it had highback seats. Have a pic somewhere taken in New Plymouth when I attended a Scenic City run in Black Sabbath and someone took pics of the two buckets parked together about 1976

Nominal
02-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Weetbix Card scan:

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/790485/original/s1_5_w.jpg

Admin
02-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks Nominal....that's great, I had the same thought ...you beat me to it, good one. It was this hot rod more than any which "got into my head" at the breakfast table as a youngster

Admin
02-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Did you notice/recognise the location for this shot....it was at Autorama in Christchurch.....Barry Morgan's TNT, Lew Henry's A roadster and Dick Kinsmans Holtang are in the background......Pirotta's hot rod was imported along with the AMPOL dragster as special guest exhibitors for the show.....

Nominal
02-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Did you notice/recognise the location for this shot....it was at Autorama in Christchurch.....Barry Morgan's TNT, Lew Henry's A roadster and Dick Kinsmans Holtang are in the background......Pirotta's hot rod was imported along with the AMPOL dragster as special guest exhibitors for the show.....

All that series of Weetbix cards are shot in the same location by the looks of it.

They are all here:

http://www.nz-hotrod.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5229