02-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Mike Roberts Bucket at Papakura Swap.

ForEverFour
02-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Mike has the bucket up for sale at the moment

Noise Boy
02-09-2011, 05:28 PM

Only a couple of things stopping me owning it.......Money,space and an understanding Wife!!! "Yes dear we DO need a bucket" :o

Shrapnel
02-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Thought I'd heard this as a rumor ! What's he looking for it Greg ?

Once you get past the look (which is shit hot if you ask me , but others see it as just a rat rod ) of Mikes Bucket , Its an Engineering Masterpiece .

I never thought Mike would part with it :eek:

Shrapnel :cool:

whiplash
02-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Hey Shrappy,I followed along when Mike was building that car and have ridden in it,(he wouldn't let me drive it byself incase he never saw it or me again) with the 348 bigblock in it. It and still is a truly well build and detailled car and the work that Mike put into the paint job was outstanding alone. You could always keep collecting bits for your T while enjoying owning and driving this lovely car.

Shrapnel
02-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey Shrappy,I followed along when Mike was building that car and have ridden in it,(he wouldn't let me drive it byself incase he never saw it or me again) with the 348 bigblock in it. It and still is a truly well build and detailled car and the work that Mike put into the paintshop was outstanding alone. You could always keep collecting bits for your T while enjoying owning and driving this lovely car.

He he , its crossing my mind ;)

First time I saw it in the flesh (Nsra nats Kumeu 99 - 2000ish I think) I thought it had a cool look , , , then I took a closer look and got to see the engineering and craftmanship that I can only discribe as being "Mike Roberts". It is one WOW of a NOS car :)

Shrapnel :cool:

ForEverFour
02-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Its a neat car and there is a neat story to it. Mike has helped so many people and he wanted to run the 348 up on a stand to see how it ran for the resto of his 59 Impala (also for sale). My Dad said why dont you build a bucket or something? So I gave him the body and axle, dad gave him the brakes and the split wishbones and Mike built the rest.
Its really unique and full of character. It now has a 454 BB in it, I will see what he is asking for it.
Reason for selling? Room and also because he wants to progress with his A pick up project among other things. He is a creative dynamo!!!!! Always thinking of new and exciting ways to do things and he has been VERY helpful to me and Dad

whiplash
02-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Plus,plus Mike is one of the best types of people one could meet within this hobby of ours. He has helped me in heaps over the years also,thanks Mike.

ForEverFour
02-09-2011, 08:20 PM
With a new rego and WOF, Mike is asking $17,000ono

C Cab
02-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Hell thats cheep for what it is Mike was one of the guys that got me into rodding Ive always liked rods but a ride in his mates 40 pickup was the finishing touch Eddie I think his name was

Blue
02-07-2012, 04:04 PM
So it doesn't get lost -

2nd owner/caretaker was Jason Gibbens, Auckland.
3rd owner/caretaker is Gordon Fletcher, Foxton

Current Motor is 366 Bigblock I believe, with Powerglide.