PDA

View Full Version : Julian Jayett... The Green Machine

Helrod
02-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Chev 400 (in many different configourations),Powerslide & Mk3 Zedcar diff. This bucket has seen many miles (mostly at about 400 yards at a time), in the late '80s when I drove it for the first time, I couldn't get it to shift from low to drive and did about mid 14sec pass, second time launched well, low... then hooked drive... then about 3/4 track it locked up and I crossed the other lane ( :eek: in front of Mike Mihonihos' Victor) crossing thru and wiping out the finnish line photo cells (tripping them at @ 100mph) and heading straight towards the concrete enbankment on the right hand side :eek: . I ended up buying it off Jules about a month later, done many smiles in it for about 6 months then sold it back to him. Like most it's had different owners and has now dissappeared. Will post photos' when I can.

Helrod
02-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Some photos'...

scumdog
02-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Did it come from Oamaru back in the 80's?

Helrod
02-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Did it come from Oamaru back in the 80's?
Not Sure... will ask Jules tomorow, is quite distinctive being short wheel base and having 6 tailights (3 per side :D ). We heard it's in Kaiapoi somewhere and rego has been dead for a few years... real shame.