Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118
LVVTA Certification - Page 3
New Zealand Hot Rod Magazine Subscribe Today and Save
    HOME
    FORUM 
    EVENTS 
    HISTORY 
    TECH 
    VIDEO 
    MEDIA 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by LIFESTYLZ View Post
    I like how Yankee engineering sites are using access to the LVVTA data on their sites.

https://www.jheengineering.com/jaginstall.html

See
    Click for installations tips
    Fair call because from what i understand about the US system, is if you are deemed to be the supplier of safety information/instructions you may also be liable for its effects if used. A good question for the lads at LVVTA, is this web site using this info with their knowledge and agreement?

I understand and agree with the I-beam on hairpin axles concept however its interesting to note of a few cars here in New Zealand and also in the USA which have and still run tube axles on hairpins and also split radius rods. Some of these cars have over 200,000 miles on them too.

I called in to the LVVTA office in Porirua today and had a chat with Justin (Barracuda). The facility is quite impressive with offices and a workshop space for vehicle inspection when needed and a couple of fixtures for inspecting cast I-beam axles. Also a fair sized stack of failed I-beams.

Quote Originally Posted by ForEverFour View Post
    I understand and agree with the I-beam on hairpin axles concept however its interesting to note of a few cars here in New Zealand and also in the USA which have and still run tube axles on hairpins and also split radius rods. Some of these cars have over 200,000 miles on them too.
    But not 200,000mls on NZ goat-track roads...

When you start Certification and the cert guy leaves half way thrugh can another Cert guy carry on where he left off?

Quote Originally Posted by 81aFlathead View Post
    When you start Certification and the cert guy leaves half way thrugh can another Cert guy carry on where he left off?
    I think another certifier will have to start new paperwork for you

Having to start again would seem unfair, especially if you'd paid money for work done....I'd go to the top for a proper ruling and they have a special page for this on their website here: http://www.lvvta.org.nz/contact.html

Quote Originally Posted by 81aFlathead View Post
    As the new certifier will sign the car off and is putting their butt (name, liability, job, finance, reputation etc) on the line, he'll naturally want to start again and go over the car from scratch...

Would you sign off someone else's work when so much is at stake? I wouldn't be happy doing that...

You'll have to take this one on the chin.

Nodz, You are making an assumption that the departing certifier was providing sub-standard work/advice....might not be the case? Perhaps the incoming certifier could review the past work and then decide. Fobbing the service provider's shortcomings on to the shoulders of consumer would appear to be against co0nsumer protection law in this country.

I started the certification for my Bucket through Neil Fraser and paid him a sum of money to get the ball rolling but due to unseen circumstances beyond my control had to start again with Mr Stokes. I found both men excellent to deal with but I noticed that Neil is no longer certifying vehicles. I never got a cent back from Neil either and just wrote the money off as another cost of building a Hot Rod.