Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

1972/68 c10 - Page 2
New Zealand Hot Rod Magazine Subscribe Today and Save
    HOME
    FORUM 
    EVENTS 
    HISTORY 
    TECH 
    VIDEO 
    MEDIA 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1972/68 c10

nice work so far.

Thanks!

Here's a few more going on's:

Better view of the new drivers side:

Headers being made:

Motor time! 2011 L99 which is an LS3 but has the 6l80e auto trans and a couple of extra things like the variable valve timing and cylinder deactivation(DOD). I am keeping the VVT but have tuned the deactivation out (will swap the DOD lifters etc out sometime in the future.)
    I scrubbed/washed the whole thing down with some marine (Aluminium) cleaner which is a sulfuric(?) acid, it turned out pretty good.

Headers on and in place and motor mounted, very close fit on the steering rack, I had to clearance the oil pan out a bit and modify the rack mounts a bit.

For the Third member I got a Speedway motors Ford 9" Posi Trac, 31 Spline, with 3.70 gears

I bought a booster relocation bracket, but they sent me a LHD one, so it poked out the wrong way. After a bit of hacking and welding it now faces the right (left) way, I think it will work.

Brake booster is now mounted at a 45 to the pedal, instead of through the firewall this is to keep the firewall clean.
    I guess I'll have to bend my pedal a bit to the right and probably offset the foot pad so that it is in the ideal spot.

Imagine that! A company sent the wrong parts! This is a huge problem when you have clowns making minimum wage ($8 - $10/hr) answering phones and putting parts orders together.
    Good to see you managed to make it work , but look forward to hear about you laying on you back trying to fill the master cylinder etc. Been there , done that. Nice work on the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Golly View Post
    Imagine that! A company sent the wrong parts! This is a huge problem when you have clowns making minimum wage ($8 - $10/hr) answering phones and putting parts orders together.
    Good to see you managed to make it work , but look forward to hear about you laying on you back trying to fill the master cylinder etc. Been there , done that. Nice work on the build.
    hahah yeh, at least its good quality so I wasn't as pissed off.
    Filling it will def be interesting! I'll try a bottle with a hooked tube but if that is too much fun, I'll look at modifying the master cylinder lid to accept a remote reservoir.

So how did it all work out?

Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    So how did it all work out?
    Been a while since I stopped by!

My Truck and Fatboy were in Atlanta but I put them in a container back to NZ at Christmas time... Managed to get the Fatboy on the road this year but work on the truck has been real slow, actually non-existent. I'm living in Sydney for a bit so no progress for quite a while.

Next chance I get to put some work in, I'll try to get her running.
    Shouldn't be too bad but I'll need to run fuel lines, coolant lines, hook-up the engine harness and a battery.
    I also have to find a solution for the pressure relief valve in the oil pan (I have the L99 engine variant). I have a different pan for clearance reasons but it doesn't have the threaded hole for the valve. It does have the casting tho, so I'm hoping to just get someone to TIG a extra block of aluminium to it and then then drill through that in to the existing oil line, then thread the hole and screw the factory one back in. Here is the valve in the original pan:

yeah yeah I know... vice grips

Its doing my head in being stuck over here while my project waits in NZ