Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
1972/68 c10 - Page 2
New Zealand Hot Rod Magazine Subscribe Today and Save
    HOME
    FORUM 
    EVENTS 
    HISTORY 
    TECH 
    VIDEO 
    MEDIA 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1972/68 c10

nice work so far.

Thanks!

Here's a few more going on's:

Better view of the new drivers side:

Headers being made:

Motor time! 2011 L99 which is an LS3 but has the 6l80e auto trans and a couple of extra things like the variable valve timing and cylinder deactivation(DOD). I am keeping the VVT but have tuned the deactivation out (will swap the DOD lifters etc out sometime in the future.)
    I scrubbed/washed the whole thing down with some marine (Aluminium) cleaner which is a sulfuric(?) acid, it turned out pretty good.

Headers on and in place and motor mounted, very close fit on the steering rack, I had to clearance the oil pan out a bit and modify the rack mounts a bit.

For the Third member I got a Speedway motors Ford 9" Posi Trac, 31 Spline, with 3.70 gears

I bought a booster relocation bracket, but they sent me a LHD one, so it poked out the wrong way. After a bit of hacking and welding it now faces the right (left) way, I think it will work.

Brake booster is now mounted at a 45 to the pedal, instead of through the firewall this is to keep the firewall clean.
    I guess I'll have to bend my pedal a bit to the right and probably offset the foot pad so that it is in the ideal spot.

Imagine that! A company sent the wrong parts! This is a huge problem when you have clowns making minimum wage ($8 - $10/hr) answering phones and putting parts orders together.
    Good to see you managed to make it work , but look forward to hear about you laying on you back trying to fill the master cylinder etc. Been there , done that. Nice work on the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Golly View Post
    Imagine that! A company sent the wrong parts! This is a huge problem when you have clowns making minimum wage ($8 - $10/hr) answering phones and putting parts orders together.
    Good to see you managed to make it work , but look forward to hear about you laying on you back trying to fill the master cylinder etc. Been there , done that. Nice work on the build.
    hahah yeh, at least its good quality so I wasn't as pissed off.
    Filling it will def be interesting! I'll try a bottle with a hooked tube but if that is too much fun, I'll look at modifying the master cylinder lid to accept a remote reservoir.