Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118
Increase of usernames...
New Zealand Hot Rod Magazine Subscribe Today and Save
    HOME
    FORUM 
    EVENTS 
    HISTORY 
    TECH 
    VIDEO 
    MEDIA 

Default Increase of usernames...

Have noticed over the months, that there have been around 1 user that joins every day, whose name does not make sense, like someone has just mashed the keyboard with their fist...
    I have also noticed that none of these people have posted.
    I have not said anything in the past as i did not want to run the risk of getting these "POTENTIALLY" legit users questioned, and/or booted off...

I do however, feel that the user that joined today: "freexxxpron" could probably be disposed of, and would be a good start...

Maybe some better scrutineering could be put in place, to make sure these are real people, cos it's obviously not working at the moment!

I think they're just spammers etc.

Default Maintenance

BGC:
    Background - Everyday our forum has spammers that log on...they join but don't post.....every day or so we clean them out. These spammers have mainly russian or latvian email addresses and they target our website because it is recognised as having a relatively high traffic count.

Thanks for your concerns....we are aware of them and do have a procedure to deal with them

Paul & the team

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    BGC:
    Background - Everyday our forum has spammers that log on...they join but don't post.....every day or so we clean them out. These spammers have mainly russian or latvian email addresses and they target our website because it is recognised as having a relatively high traffic count.

Thanks for your concerns....we are aware of them and do have a procedure to deal with them

Paul & the team
    oh... excellent. 'Nuff said

[QUOTE=bgc]

I do however, feel that the user that joined today: "freexxxpron" could probably be disposed of, and would be a good start...
    QUOTE]
    Jeez Ben. I was just gearing up for the adult only off topic lounge thingy. Now I'll have to come up with another name, and register again.