Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Russ Clark
New Zealand Hot Rod Magazine Subscribe Today and Save
    HOME
    FORUM 
    EVENTS 
    HISTORY 
    TECH 
    VIDEO 
    MEDIA 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russ Clark

Default Russ Clarke - T For Two

Russ Clarke at Hamilton Show 1973. Photo by Warren Houston.

Last edited by Admin; 02-10-2011 at 09:31 AM.

It was on the poster with Stormbringer and three other buckets (dang this faulty memory!),

Think this one is mis-identified.

BT34 posted this pic on another thread that shows the rear and it looks like it is the Dick Woods "Keep on Trunkin" bucket (as Prognini suggested originally) as it has the same plate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page-0030.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	12897  

Ok...will need to do a bit more homework

I think there is a picture of it in August 1974 magazine if you have one handy

Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    Ok...will need to do a bit more homework

Thanks Simon Sez....I checked Aug '74 mag...couldn't see it...what page #

Found the original feature in May 1970 mag.....Then owned by Russ Clarke

I think we're possibly all talking about the same car here....maybe Russ Clarke sold it to Dick Woods?...Zeke would know!
    I do remember it at Taupo with the Keep on Trunkin lettering on the back....and also the name Peter Jones rings a bell with me too...perhaps a later owner?
    Last edited by Admin; 02-10-2011 at 09:30 AM.

I am just going from memory on August 74 issue, but I have a mental picture of a small picture of the lettering on the back in some rod-run coverage around that time.

I think you could be right about it being the same car, they both have FE's and the headers, rollbar and headlight mounts look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSez
    I am just going from memory on August 74 issue, but I have a mental picture of a small picture of the lettering on the back in some rod-run coverage around that time.

I think you could be right about it being the same car, they both have FE's and the headers, rollbar and headlight mounts look the same.
    What is interesting is that the pic of it in red has two chrome door hinges. Everything else is identical so its gotta be that car.

Just emailed Paul Servantie the hot rod historian!

Did Dick Woods buy the Russ Clarke T

"Yep, “keep on trunkin”. Peter Jones had it as well before he built his orange 32 roadster. I have some photos of the T bucket at the drags when the rear end fell out, mid/late ‘70s. Tricky Dickie that’s a name from the past. Good mates with Paul ??? from Havelock North & John Evans. All went to Aussie!!!!!"

Ok, my memory has kicked in now - try January '74.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    Thanks Simon Sez....I checked Aug '74 mag...couldn't see it...what page #