Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NZ Hot Rod Mag Features - Page 4
New Zealand Hot Rod Magazine Subscribe Today and Save
    HOME
    FORUM 
    EVENTS 
    HISTORY 
    TECH 
    VIDEO 
    MEDIA 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Oh, forgot to mention the F100 was originally 'rodded' by Harry Wright (Of 'Novel-T fame) who was the first person to name it 'Fat Cat' it was painted dark metallic blue, had the sunroof fitted and had the name 'Fat Cat' sign-written on the doors.

Then Jim Ledgerwood bought it from him, did some work on it, painted it the wild custom paint-job that it had when I bought it and put the picture of 'Fat cat' on the doors.
    Still had a Y-block in it with the wildest set of headers!

Then I bought it and as they say: 'the rest is history'
    History Lesson ! , never knew Harry owned it ,cool stuff .Any one heard from him of late ?

Good stuff there Tom.
    Keep it coming.

Hey Tom , ya could do a wee trip down to Rolleston in Fat Cat & upload Novel T , should fit in deck , with a tad overhang,,,,,,,,,,

I'll keep an eye out for the feature of RPKiwi when he was young and blond!

Quote Originally Posted by LIFESTYLZ View Post
    Ok, who has had there car featured in the NZHRM?

I can imagine over the last 40+ years that there would be a few.

How about listing them here.
    Car, name year/month of mag.
    What happened to the car?
    Do you still own it?
    Has it changed or is it still as it was.
    Maybe it no longer exists.

Lets's get this moving along with this one.

This from May 1993.
    Shane Morgan, tune in and fess up.
    NOW aint that Non American Hot Rod for Ya . That line will stir things up a little !! hehehe

Yup , 283 (mostly stock), glide , 4:11 8inch . drove to meremere from upper hutt and run low 13's , drove back home .

Shit , that feature was 20 years ago .

Gave it to my eldest boy twise , , , both times he didn't want it. After too much seperation shit and bagage tied to it , I decided to sell it on trademe. It went to wellington. That guy then (after changing stuff he shouldn't have) sold it on trademe ... to my eldest son . I tried to help him to get it back on the road (meanwhile trying to re-establish the father son relationship his mother had done so well to destroy) but that got all to hard for him so he sold it. Its now in Auckland , on the road (running decloration) and is Silver with Purple (going by the pics I've seen) flames.

Sorry for the slow reply here Clive , been pretty much pre-occupied with the Pork Pie Charity Run.
    Great Thread

Shrapnel

Seems I saw a Paul Grace car in some 85-era mags I was reviewing today.

Also more on Tom Taylor. No pics, but some interesting letters!

Quote Originally Posted by KEVS33 View Post
    I dont have a copy of the Feb 83 mag with me and I have no idea where the car is today. I'm sure its around somewhere.

Attachment 17920
    this car may be in thames, it looks very similar to one thats been on and off trade me lately
    there are no answers in books, only insights....

Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    NOW aint that Non American Hot Rod for Ya . That line will stir things up a little !! hehehe

Yup , 283 (mostly stock), glide , 4:11 8inch . drove to meremere from upper hutt and run low 13's , drove back home .

Shit , that feature was 20 years ago .

Gave it to my eldest boy twise , , , both times he didn't want it. After too much seperation shit and bagage tied to it , I decided to sell it on trademe. It went to wellington. That guy then (after changing stuff he shouldn't have) sold it on trademe ... to my eldest son . I tried to help him to get it back on the road (meanwhile trying to re-establish the father son relationship his mother had done so well to destroy) but that got all to hard for him so he sold it. Its now in Auckland , on the road (running decloration) and is Silver with Purple (going by the pics I've seen) flames.

Sorry for the slow reply here Clive , been pretty much pre-occupied with the Pork Pie Charity Run.
    Great Thread

Shrapnel
    yep, was at the beach hop, heard its going to paeroa
    there are no answers in books, only insights....